Happy Father’s Day to all of the fabulous dads out there!! Any man can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a great dad. Take the time today to properly thank all of the dads in your life both past and present.
Giving huge thanks to my wonderful dad and in honor of him I share my top ten favorite TV dads.
Top Ten Favorite TV Dads
1. Keith Mars – Fabulously portrayed by Enrico Colantoni on the much too short-lived series Veronica Mars (2004-2007), Keith is my all time favorite TV dad. I seriously doubt there will ever be any others that surpass him for me. I can’t imagine anyone not wanting Papa Mars for a dad. My gracious thanks to Enrico for bringing us the very best TV dad!
2. Richard Castle – There may never be another TV dad as charming and fun as Richard Castle on the show named for the character (2009-Present). Nathan Fillion brings so much to this character that I can’t possibly list all of the traits that make Richard Castle the runner up best dad on my list. Thanks to you Nathan!
3. Dr. Heathcliff Huxtable – Bill Cosby’s comedic talent is second to none and he brought a huge amount of both humor and warmth to my second runner up dad on The Cosby Show (1984-1992). Thanks Bill not only for Cliff Huxtable, but also for the many years of humor you have brought to me and so many.
4. Ward Cleaver – Hugh Beaumont on Leave It To Beaver (1957-1963).
5. Henry Spencer – Corbin Bernsen on Psych (2006-Present).
6. Dr. Walter Bishop – John Noble on Fringe (2008-Present).
7. Willie Tanner – Max Wright on Alf (1986-1990).
8. Tom Corbett – Bill Bixby on The Courtship of Eddie’s Father (1969-1972).
9. Steve Douglas – Fred MacMurray on My Three Sons (1960-1972).
10. Howard Cunningham – Tom Bosley on Happy Days (1974-1984).
So, that’s my top 10. I have to admit it was a tough choice to rank some of these and there are many others who could and should be listed here. Who would you choose as your favorite TV dad? Let us know who your favorites are.